[postgis-users] Postgisdriver-1.0 is not working.

Carlos Ho Shih Ning cning at atech.br
Wed Dec 10 04:05:14 PST 2003

Hello,

As advertised on the Refractions website regarding to Postgisdriver-1.0
"This JUMP 1.0 plug-in will provide basic support for reading and writing from a PostGIS database.
 Currently only JUMP 1.0 is supported"

I used the two versions of JUMP (1.0 and 1.1) with the postgisdriver-1.0.zip from the
http://postgis.refractions.net/download.php site. And in both cases
I also included the postgresql.jar in the Jump/lib directory and
an error message comes out
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected ')' or ',' but encountered 'E-19' 	at net.refractions.postgis.PostGISConnection.executeQuery(PostGISConnection.java:179) 	at com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.datasource.LoadDatasetPlugIn.run(Unknown Source) 	at com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.task.TaskMonitorManager$TaskWrapper.run(Unknown Source) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Because the first error message requested an org.postgresql.Driver I tried the
different available drivers (pg73jdbc3.jar, pg73jdbc2ee.jar, pg72jdbc1.jar,
pg72jdbc2.jar, pg73jdbc2.jar) and none of the prevented the error above to come out.

I would like to know if someone has ever succeeded in making Jump work with driver.
If so which are the jar files that I need?

thank you in advance
Carlos