[postgis-users] FW: postgis.sql

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Oct 16 10:04:27 PDT 2003

Anthony,
It sounds like you are taking over a half done PostGIS install, is that
right? This is one of those frustrating things because if you were
installing from scratch everything should / would / does just "work". It
is very hard to talk you through this on an email list. Some folks
(Universal Maps, LA School District) looking for clean setups and
maintenance / tuning have hired us and had us remotely login and tune up
their installations. I do not know if that is an option for you. But at
least then you would have an installation with known good versions,
which works, with everything in documented places.
Yours,
Paul

Anthony Agoro (C) wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> I managed to locate the libpostgis.so.0.7 in
> /usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-7.3.4/contrib/postgis-0.7.3
>
> I modified the postgis.sql file manually to point to my libpostgis
> and ran make install again from my postgis directory.
>
> Please see the log files
>

> Regards,
>
> Anthony
tgis-users