[postgis-users] Re: PostGIS inquiries

Nicolas RIBOT nri at scot.cnes.fr
Sun Oct 26 10:31:29 PST 2003

Hi all,

Yes, pgarc allows to view/edit postgis data by first dumping them into
shapefiles.

We are working on it to add some docs and test data to create the first
public release.

Another tool we developped at Scot (the GAS project) allows to view
postgis data directly in an Internet browser, and to compose maps with
them (choosing style, symbols, labels, etc)
It also allows to edit small amount of data through a Java Applet.
The new version of this applet now handles multipolygons and holes. It
will be included in the next version of the GAS.

A demo is available here:
http://scot.ataraxie.fr:8080/geonline/

Nicolas Ribot
PgArc Administrator

http://www.safe.com/news/2003/sept16_2003.htm, it said
FME can support  to export to Post GIS .