[postgis-users] How are people returning and using data from PostGIS for display?

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Oct 27 07:04:37 PST 2003

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 10:18  PM, Philip Riggs wrote:

> Has anybody created a wrapper for the PostGIS data types for display?
> If so, how do you return and use the geometry data? as a text file
> that is read into geometry_type, and x, y coordinates for points,
> array of points for lines and polygons? I am using Objective-C and
> have found a wrapper for all the PostgreSQL data types, including
> PostgreSQL standard geometries. Could I use these types as a basis?
> Any help would be appreciated!

PostGIS objects for Objective-C?  I don't know of any.  I do know of
Java classes
for displaying geometries from a PostGIS source (GeoTools, JUMP,
others), and the
start of classes for Python (in psycopg).  These might serve as
inspiration.

This is the first I've heard of anyone using PostGIS at CSU.  I'm on
campus fairly
often, sometime you should show me what you're doing.  I'm an Apple
user so am
interested in what you're doing with Objective-C.

cheers,
Sean
--
Sean Gillies