[postgis-users] installation problems: can't find makefile.global,makefile.shplib

dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Sun Aug 8 20:36:29 PDT 2004

Hello Michael,

Which directory did you issue ./configure, gmake, gmake install? This will be
your PostgreSQL source. By default, PostgreSQL installs in /usr/local/pgsql.
This is not the source. Wherever you issued ./configure, gmake and gmake
install will have a contrib directory where you install PostGIS from. Don't
worry, PostGIS will know PostgreSQL resides at /usr/local/pgsql and install to
there.

Hope this helps,

Darren H.