[postgis-users] PostGIS binairy from CVS for Windows Updates

Dan R Greening greening at bigtribe.com
Mon Aug 16 22:17:13 PDT 2004

OK, so a slight correction to Steffen's posting:

You also have to copy

  postgis.sql
  postgis_undef.sql
  README.postgis
  spatial_ref_sys.sql

from the ZIP file to overwrite the files in

  ...\share\contrib\

And then it works.  At least then the postgis.sql works.

But if I try running my little test script, I get this:

test=# drop table poiloc ;
DROP TABLE
test=# \i test.sql
psql:test.sql:6: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
"poiloc_pkey" for table "poiloc"
CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
INSERT 100605 1
INSERT 100606 1
INSERT 100607 1
INSERT 100608 1
INSERT 100609 1
INSERT 100610 1
INSERT 100611 1
psql:test.sql:16: ERROR:  function addgeometrycolumn(name, "unknown",
"unknown",
 integer, "unknown", integer) does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
to ad
d explicit type casts.
psql:test.sql:17: ERROR:  column "geom" of relation "poiloc" does not exist
psql:test.sql:18: ERROR:  column "geom" does not exist
psql:test.sql:19: ERROR:  column "geom" does not exist
test=#

Alas.  Cygwin for me!  :)

Dan Greening, Ph.D.  CEO BigTribe http://dan.greening.name/contact.htm