[postgis-users] The operator && is not overlapsoperator basedonthe OGC SF SQL

Darko Androsevic dandrosevic at galdosinc.com
Wed Aug 18 10:15:28 PDT 2004

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the clarification and I think that I got the definition from your
answer.

"&&" follows the OGC's intersect operator semantics on geometries' *bounding
boxes*.

This means that if one has only bounding boxes geometries then this is valid
"geom && candidate" <=> "geom && candidate AND intersects(geom,candidate)"

Cheers,
Darko