[postgis-users] libpq.dll conflict between mapserver and postgis ?

Emil Zegers EZS at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Mon Dec 6 06:44:12 PST 2004

Christian,

There are be libpq.dll version cvonflicts between different versions of MapServer and PostGSI.

If you are using the MapServer CGI executable you can 'solve' this by putting the libpq.dll in the folder where the MapServer executable resides.

Emil

>>> Christian.Martel at drdc-rddc.gc.ca 12/06/04 03:40pm >>>
Hi

Setup :
PostgreSQL 8.0.0 beta 2 + PostGIS 0.9.0 (Jean David Techer's windows binary,
sept 23)
MapServer 4.2 (windows)

Problem :
With two libpq.dll in windows path, the postmaster won't start.
If a remove the older one (from MapServer), I can't see my postgis layer in
mapserver.
Is it a dll problem or my map file is not well written ? I see the
background color and I checked the extent.

MAP
	NAME PGIS
	EXTENT 710000 1837000 742000 1859000
	SIZE 500 500
	IMAGECOLOR 210 255 255

	LAYER
		CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		NAME "test"

		CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=testgis host=myserver
port=5432"
		DATA "geom from villescommunes"
		TYPE POLYGON
		STATUS ON