[postgis-users] shp2pgsql gui

Michael Mallete mrmallete at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:20:15 PST 2004

hello everyone!

just in case i could interest anyone, i've created this little
primitive gui for shp2pgsql. it's in VB though so my apologies to
non-win32 users.

http://s2pface.epinoy.com

it's a standalone program. so this gives you quite the illusion of
uploading your shapefile to the server, if you will. although i am
aware that you can easily perform this using Jump, QGIS, etc. still,
it's a little less than 500kb.

i've been migrating our system here in our organization from using
shapefiles to using postgis. anyway, after i've set up the server,
during converting and inserting data, it got so tiresome. so i created
this gui to make things easier for me. hope somehow it could for
someone out there too.

thanx!

-Myk