[postgis-users] Spatial Operator Documentation (was geos result sets)

Rueben Schulz r_j_schulz at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 24 21:42:28 PST 2004

Attached is a pdf, of a ppt presentation, I gave for a geography course
I am currently taking. This covers some of the nitty gritty behind the
DE-9IM abstraction (the focus of my talk). The appendix on spatial
predicates may be useful to people.

This appendix is partially based on some notes from a BCIT course that I
took. I have added the DE-9IM matrixes to these notes, based on the info
in the OGC spec and IBM's db2 documentation.

Warning. I left out mention of multi geoms for my talk, so the english
descriptions of the operators do not discuss these (ie multi points are
allowed to overlap).

Feel free to use this info in any documentation that you write up for
postgis with geos. If anyone wants this in its original ppt format, let
me know.

Rueben

P.S. I can't wait to try the new postgis geos operators out: very cool
and useful. Hopefully I will have more time once school is out.