[postgis-users] install help- postgis

Gerry Creager (N5JXS) gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Jan 28 18:03:12 PST 2004

we have found that the RPMs for PostGres on Redhat often leave
"something to be desired."  So, we remove the RPM, download the source
and recompile.  Gives you the entire source tree in a known, stable
location, without losing any of those pesky little things Redhat might
think you won't ever need...