[postgis-users] Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot update

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 10:22:22 PDT 2004

Hi Hisaji,

It sounds as if the PATH environment variable is not being set
somewhere, so PostgreSQL cannot find libpostgis.dll. Firstly, you must
make sure that the zip file is extracted in C:\ so that the snapshot
extracts into C:\pgsql75win. At the time I made the snapshot, it was
necessary to specify the PATH at compile time.

If you then look inside the C:\pgsql75win directory you will see some
batch files which set up PATH correctly before executing the relevant
command - you need to double-click these in the following order:

		initdb.bat - to initdb the database cluster
		pgstart.bat	- to run the database (leave this one
running)
		env.bat - sets up cmd.exe with the correct PATH to run
psql

If you look at these files, you should be able to see how the paths need
to be set up in order for the snapshot to run correctly. Please let me
know if this doesn't solve the problem for you.

Kind regards,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.