[postgis-users] Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot update

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 01:18:27 PDT 2004

Hi Hisaji,

$libdir is not an environment variable but is substituted by PostgreSQL
when functions are loaded into the database. You can try loading
postgis.sql into a text editor and doing a replace so that $libdir is
changed to c:/pgsql75win/lib and seeing if that solves your problem?

I wonder if $libdir is not being matched because of locale? If that
doesn't work, it may be worth trying to force an initdb using C encoding
by changing the line in initdb.bat so it reads as below:

initdb.exe -D c:\pgsql75win\data --locale=C

Delete your existing data directory, run initdb.bat, then pgstart.bat
and then try and load the PostGIS functions again.

Kind regards,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.