[postgis-users] RE: Postgresql installation problems

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 01:29:50 PDT 2004

Hi Gayathri,

The development snapshot was produced before the patch for tablespaces
was applied to PostgreSQL 7.5 and so I'm afraid you'll have to use an
updated snapshot if you wish to use pgAdmin :(. psql.exe should work
fine without any problems though.

I'm surprised you can't run any commands with the supplied psql.exe; the
only thing I can think of is that you already have another libpq.dll on
your PC but I can't tell more without knowing the exact errors you are
getting. A quick solution for this would be to change the PATH in
env.bat so the snapshot directories are listed first, e.g.

set PATH=C:\pgsql75win\lib;C:\pgsql75win\bin;%PATH%

If you then run a new version of env.bat, psql.exe should spring into
life.

For the information of people on the list, the reason the snapshot
hasn't been updated is that firstly it's purpose was to make sure that
we could run PostGIS under Windows/PG7.5 when it is released, and
secondly there are some very large patches currently being applied (like
tablespaces) which mean that CVS is tending to be very unstable. The
current plan is to update the snapshot when 7.5 enters beta when
hopefully everything has been stabilised and then it should just be
bugfixes. Stay tuned....

Kind regards,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.