[postgis-users] Documentation lacking & AddGeometryColumn schema_name vs db_name

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 22 04:11:19 PDT 2004

--- "Boyce, Greg" <GBoyce at NRCan.gc.ca> a écrit : > And
if I might add, the documentation has problems,
> and is skimpy
> in many areas:
>
> 1 What version of PostGIS does the online docs
> correspond to?

0.8.2 : Paul ramsey made the update few weeks ago

> 2 There's no search function in the online docs

just instal pgadmin III, you will see every functions
that you need but just the function's name

> 3 There are very few or no examples in the "OpenGIS
> Functions"
>   and "Other Functions" sections.

Postgis distribution came with few examples at

postgis-0.8.2/examples/ogc_test_suite that you can see
at http://svg.cc/pg/ogc in SVG done by Klaus Foerster