[postgis-users] Startup problems :(

Maurizio Napolitano napo at itc.it
Wed May 5 09:11:43 PDT 2004

Hi all!
I try to install the version 0.8.1 of postgis on a new machine.
On the machine before was a postgres installation stand-alone.
I removed it, download the postgres 7.4 source code.
Download the postgis source code and uncompress on the relative
"contrib" dir.
Changed the "[postgres_source]/contrib/Makefile".
Compiled all ... but ...
if i want use the file "postgis.sql".
I edit the file postgis.sql and change the path "$libdir" with
the path where the library "libpostgis.so.0.8" is located
(in my case: /usr/lib/postgresql).
If i import the file with the syntax
psql -f /location/of/postgis.sql -d mydatabse
i obtain a lot of errors, the first is some like:

 	type "histogram2d" is not yet defined

Solutions?