[postgis-users] Postgis and Dynamic Segmentation

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu May 6 09:20:07 PDT 2004

Düster Horst wrote:

> I developed a first draft plpgsql function to create dynamic segmentated
> linestrings (see attachment). The function works with a little numer of
> linestrings. With larger datasets it works to slow.
>
> I send the function code to the list to hope for an idea to accelerate this
> function. Perhaps it is possible to create and integrate a C based function
> dynseg like line_interpolate_point to postgis.

This looks interesting.

You didnt put "line_interpolate_point()" in the .sql file.

A function like this would be reasonably easy to do in C.  You might
want to look at the LWGEOM stuff (see the postgis developers mailing
list) since its easier to write C function because of the API.

There's lots and lots of example functions in PostGIS if you wanted to
know how to add it.

dave