[postgis-users] How do I create a georeferenced tiff file...

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu May 27 16:52:40 PDT 2004

I've used GMT to plot data extracted from PostGIS to produce scientific
publication quality maps, which I convert to a tiff with Image Magick. The
script to create the maps also writes a "world file" describing the map extent
& pixel size, which gdal converts to a geotiff.

This provides better quality output (IMHO) than screen based image generators,
and allows for extra cropping/framing/annotations etc using either/both GMT &
Image Magick as required.

I'm sure there are a number of ways to do this, the trick is to find one that
best suits your needs :-)

Brent Wood