[postgis-users] Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot

Emil Zegers EZS at DeStraat.NL
Fri May 28 03:48:55 PDT 2004

Hello Mark,

Your Win32 PostgreSQL 7.5/PostGIS snapshot is working great!

This morning I downloaded and installed the newest version with GiST index patch.

Imported some shapefile data (point file with >88000 points) and made indexes on it.

I'm viewing the data through a MapServer client.

Performance is great and the database is stable too on my Windows 2000 system.

About the batch files running order: I run env.bat before initdb.bat otherwise the path is not correct.

Thanx for the 'Ctrl-C' tip to shutdown the server.

If I restart the system without shutting down I get a BSOD before rebooting.

Again, thanks for sharing this software.

Best regards,

Groeten,

Emil Zegers

De Straat Milieu-adviseurs