[postgis-users] Same tablename, different schema problems

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Nov 16 09:42:47 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:13:01AM -0600, Don Drake wrote:
> In my development database, running PostGIS version  (0.8 USE_GEOS=1
> USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1) I created a new schema to test some table
> partitioning.
>
> I created a copy of a table in another schema with the same table
> name.  I was able to create the table, run addGeometry passing in the
> schema name, etc.   All was good until I ran  update_geometry_stats().
>
> I now get the following error message:
> ERROR:  more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression
>
> If I rename the table in the test schema, the error message goes away.
>  Is this a known problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Don

Don, I think the patch was included in postgis-0.9.
What you can try is download the package, configure and build.
Then take from postgis.sql just the functions you need:
	find_extent(varchar, varchar, varchar);
	build_histogram2d(histogram, schema, table, column);
	update_geometry_stats();

Hopefully this kind of upgrades (scripts only) will be easier
in the future.

--strk;