[postgis-users] PostGIS 0.9.0 Released

Steffen Macke sdteffen at web.de
Fri Sep 10 13:44:57 PDT 2004

I've created an updated Windows installer, which is
available from:

http://dcmms.sourceforge.net/postgis_installer.php
<http://dcmms.sourceforge.net/postgis_installer.php>

The binaries in the installer are build using PostGIS 0.9.0,
GEOS 2.0.0, PROJ.4 4.4.8, MinGW 3.1.0 and PostgreSQL 8.0-beta1

This should fix the previous problems using indexes.

However, I wasn't able to test the new installer against the
latest PostgreSQL for Windows installer as it has a bug
that prevents its installation on some Windows 2000 machines...

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php
<http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php> still mentions Cygwin
for Windows installations, eventually this should be updated. Also,
I would expect links to the pages providing Windows binaries rather
on the download page than on the documentation page.

Steffen