[postgis-users] PostGIS client

Declan Lynch declan.lynch at dit.ie
Wed Sep 15 04:30:08 PDT 2004

Hello all
I have developed a client application for PostGIS by extending the OpenMap toolkit http://openmap.bbn.com/.  This allows me to display PostGIS data retrieved via JDBC in layers in the client.  I have tested with Irish National Grid data.  This data was in ESRI shape file form, and loaded using shp2pgsql.   The data is retrieved using the transform() function of PostGIS so that it can be displayed in WGS84, default OpenMap spatial ref system.
I have also developed an SQL interface allowing the user send ad hoc queries to the database server and graphically display the results.
I am wondering has anybody developed such a client in the past?  Have clients been developed using other toolkits?  I ask because the software was developed as part of an undergraduate project and I wish to make reference to existing similar work.

Thanks in advance
Declan Lynch

--
This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner