[postgis-users] I posted some mapserver and postgis debs

Fred McDavid frm at bitdaddy.com
Wed Sep 22 21:21:59 PDT 2004

Stephen,

I'm very willing to help, but frankly I don't have the time I think it takes
to be a debian developer.  Maybe at some point in the future.  I would love
to have these packages as part of the debian proper and I am willing to
commit some time to making this happen, but it should definitely not hinge on
my efforts alone at this time.

The dist is whatever distribution is considered testing as of
rigghhhhtttt....now.  Used to know, can't remember.  Sarge, I think.

If you're a debian developer, the best bet would be to figure out how to
resolve the issues with php4's regexp.  It'd be nice to get that done right.

--Fred

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 09:37 pm, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Fred McDavid (frm at bitdaddy.com) wrote:
> > I've put together some debs for mapserver, libgeos, and postgis.  I also
> > included new versions of postgresql and php4 due to issues involving
> > regexps for mapserver and linking issues with postgis.  I recommend using
> > caution as this is my first attempt at making packages.  A blank slate
> > install is probably a good idea.
>
> Interesting.  Which distribution (Woody, sarge, sid?) did you make the
> debs for?  I created some debs for postgis, and I think maybe libgeos, a
> while ago.  I think I posted to this list about them as well, but not
> 100% sure.  I had to compile mapserver from CVS because of some problems
> there and didn't make a deb of it, though that's certainly an
> interesting idea.
>
> > Please try them and report errors to frm at bitdaddy.com.  Errors with
> > patches and/or instructions regarding their fixes will float to the top
> > of the todo list.
> >
> > Binary and source packages can be found via:
> > http://www.bitdaddy.com/gisdebs/index.html
>
> Mine are here, compiled for sid a little while ago:
> http://colo.snowman.net/~sfrost/postgis/
>
> For the things I've done with them, the packages have worked fine for
> me. :)  Also, are you interested in maintaining these for Debian?  I was
> thinking about doing that (I'm a Debian Developer) but hadn't gotten
> around to actually uploading my debs to the archive.
>
> 	Stephen

Fred R. McDavid, III
  540-248-0838
    frm at bitdaddy.com
      BitDaddy Systems, Inc
       * Complex System Design, Management, and Hosting