[postgis-users] I posted some mapserver and postgis debs

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Wed Sep 22 18:37:44 PDT 2004

* Fred McDavid (frm at bitdaddy.com) wrote:
> I've put together some debs for mapserver, libgeos, and postgis.  I also
> included new versions of postgresql and php4 due to issues involving regexps
> for mapserver and linking issues with postgis.  I recommend using caution as
> this is my first attempt at making packages.  A blank slate install is
> probably a good idea.

Interesting.  Which distribution (Woody, sarge, sid?) did you make the
debs for?  I created some debs for postgis, and I think maybe libgeos, a
while ago.  I think I posted to this list about them as well, but not
100% sure.  I had to compile mapserver from CVS because of some problems
there and didn't make a deb of it, though that's certainly an
interesting idea.

> Please try them and report errors to frm at bitdaddy.com.  Errors with patches
> and/or instructions regarding their fixes will float to the top of the todo
> list.
>
> Binary and source packages can be found via:
> http://www.bitdaddy.com/gisdebs/index.html

Mine are here, compiled for sid a little while ago:
http://colo.snowman.net/~sfrost/postgis/

For the things I've done with them, the packages have worked fine for
me. :)  Also, are you interested in maintaining these for Debian?  I was
thinking about doing that (I'm a Debian Developer) but hadn't gotten
around to actually uploading my debs to the archive.

	Stephen