[postgis-users] Postgis + native Windows PostgreSQL

Vojtech Honzik V.Honzik at sh.cvut.cz
Thu Sep 30 05:23:22 PDT 2004

Hallo.
I am trying to move data from the older version of PostgreSQL database.
After installing Postgresql 8.0-beta2-dev3 and PostGIS 0.9.0 (and
stopping the database run under Cygwin), there are still errors in the
error log. I am using psql prior to newer version.

psql -e template1 < db.dump 2> error.txt

error.txt
-------------
NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis.dll": No such file or
directory
ERROR:  type histogram2d does not exist
ERROR:  function histogram2d_in(cstring) does not exist
NOTICE:  type "box3d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis.dll": No such file or
directory
ERROR:  type box3d does not exist
ERROR:  function box3d_in(cstring) does not exist

I thought that the problem with the different environment would be solved.
Is there any other solution than replacing the variable $libdir to the
full path to postgis.dll? In my opinion the standard dump created by
previous version of PostgreSQL should be usable without editing for

Anyway thanks very much to both groups of developers for the release of
the native Windows version. The performance improvement and locales
support is perfect.

Best regards,
Vojtech Honzik