[postgis-users] Problems with installing postgresql-8.0-beta1-postgis

Christian Große Lordemann christian.gr.lordemann at web.de
Thu Sep 30 16:14:22 PDT 2004

Hi!

I have tried to install postgresql-8.0-beta1-postgis, but when I come to the
step, where I initialize the database cluster I get this error message:

Specified data directory is not empty.

If you have an existing database with the same major version, you do not
need to initdb.

If you have an existing database with a different major version, you need to
backup your old database and create a new one.

I had already installed one time postgresql-8.0-beta1-postgis but removed it
from my system. Now it seems that after the removal the database is still
there.  So my question is, how could I remove all databases from my system,
so that I can install a fresh and new version of
postgresql-8.0-beta1-postgis, without taking over settings I have made
during the first installation.

Thanks in advance

Christian