Re: [postgis-users] Besoin d'aide suite à l'installation de postresqlwin

Jean David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 2 01:24:36 PDT 2005

Hi Trico

First of all excuse-me for my being late to answer...

Then this list is not French but English...So please send your messages in English and not in French

 DROP MY DISTRIB 'psqlwin'..This distrib have been made last year..So it is to old.

U have two solutions. Choose one of them.

I - using Win32 installers done by MCA & PostgreSQL's Team (Hagander) ..U will find the follwoing URL

PostgreSQL : ftp://ftp.fr.postgresql.org/win32/postgresql-8.0.3.zip

PostGIS + Geos + Proj: http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/     download link 'PostGIS 1.0.2 release'

II - Downloading a binary distribution and doing a manually installation

You can find this distrib from this link:

http://www.01map.net/david/win32/download/postgresql-8.0.3_postgis-1.0.2_geos-2.1.3_proj-4.4.9.zip

  Create a directory named 'PostgreSQL' here c:\PostgreSQL'

  Unzip the zip file there in 'C:\PostgreSQL'...You should get c:\PostgteSQL\8.0.3\bin, C:\PostgreSQL\8.0.3\lib, C:\PostgreSQL\8.0.3\share and so on....

  Create the following environment varaibles:

           PGHOME = C:\PostgreSQL\8.0.3
          PGDATA= C:\PostgreSQL\8.0.3

    Then add of the beginning of your PATH variable:

        PATH = C:\PostgreSQL\8.0.3\bin;C:\PostgreSQl\8.0.3\lib;.....

   Create a User on windows called 'postgres' without any privileges administrator ... Log on windows as postgres ..;On a DOS prompt type

   initdb -A trust -E SQL_ASCII

   the following instructions in French an with explanations  could be found here

     http://www.01map.net/david/win32/doc/html/ch03.html

TECHER Jean David
01MAP
e-mail: david at 01map.net