[postgis-users] RE: postgis-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 2

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 06:41:31 PDT 2005

> I succeed in my database creation.
> When I launch psql COREJAVA,
> it is writed
> COREJAVA#
> I Don't know how to delete # which represents comments
> I don't succed in creation of table
> I can't use "altgr 8" fo r "\"
> Could you help me?

Hi Virginia,

The "#" sign just represent the PSQL command line prompt. Don't try to
remove it, it is not a comment.
Under this prompt, you can type all Postgresql/postgis supported commands.

Concerning your antislash (\) problem, I had the same on Windows with
previous versions of postgis.
It is related to some Win32 executables used to compile postgis
(either with cygwin or mingw).
The only workaround I found was to install the latest version of Mingw
postgis binaries.
Otherwise, you can install another client for postgresql/postgis and
issue your command from here.
Personnaly, I find the latest version of PgAdmin III very handy. You
can get it at
www.pgadmin.org.

With it, you can fully manage all your postgis databases: tables
creation, vacuum, SQL commands, running existing SQL scripts, etc...

Nicolas