[postgis-users] GTK/Gnome GIS Client

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Aug 16 17:31:58 PDT 2005

This is getting extremely OT but:

Our uDig experience is that it's not the language it's the
implementation.  There's lots of stupid inefficient ways to render
stuff, and only a few efficient smart ways.  If you pick a stupid
way, you language means nada.  Anyhow, doing things the smart way our
Java implementation seems to run as fast as ESRI's C++
implementation, so there you go (for whatever that is worth, which is
little).