[postgis-users] error in installation

Daniel daniel.faivre at camptocamp.com
Fri Aug 19 06:56:10 PDT 2005

Hello,

A compliant debian package exists for PostGIS. However, it seems that it
has some little bugs and/or differences with standard postgreql
installation, which could lead to compilation problems with other
softwares/contribs.
After testing such an install, I saw that pg_config wasn't installed
properly. Or, it is used for locating some  pg installed files.
Furthermore, I didn't saw any -dev package ...
At this time, I still prefer compiling myself with options that exactly
fit my needs ...

Yours,

dF