[postgis-users] 'server closed the connection unexpectedly' problem

Ionut Iordache ionut at eps.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 28 10:36:26 PST 2005

Hello,

srn> MM.. this is the second weird bug report related to points, but I
srn> can't reproduce this as well (PGGIS-1.0.0RC2 / PGSQL-7.4.3).

srn> Can you try RC2, creating a *new* db ?
srn> Can reproduce the bug on a single record ?
srn> What OS are you using ? Which compiler used to build postgis ?

srn> --strk;

Yes, I can reproduce the bug on a single point in a brand new db, with
my current postgis version...

I'll give it a try with RC2, although if it works it will be really
painful to transfer again the 45GB or more of data that I loaded before
extensively testing my release :(

I should have mentioned in my initial post, my os is Solaris 8 (sparc)
and everything compiled with gcc 3.4.1.

Anyway, is there anything more that I can do to troubleshot this
problem? It's very frustrating because even with debug5 enabled in the
logs, there's no hint about what goes wrong... I have the suspicion
that things break when postgres tries to actually load and use symbols
from liblwgeom.so.1.0

The only anomaly during compilation was that I had to specifically
link it against the gcc library because my configuration uses sun's
linker and it couldn't find a symbol (eprintf if I remember correctly)
defined in a static gcc library.

Regards,
Dorel

srn> postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net