[postgis-users] bring PostGIS into the raster world

Mark Fenbers Mark.Fenbers at noaa.gov
Sat Jul 23 10:01:19 PDT 2005

QGIS let's me display vector data stored in PostgreSQL.  I can also add
raster data, such as radar reflectivities and satellite images, from GIF
or netCDF files.  I'd rather have all this stuff in PostgreSQL rather
than having to access gridded data from files and vector data from the
DB.  I believe it's the GDAL library that gives QGIS the generous
support of raster files.  Perhaps if PostGIS used GDAL, then the list of
TODOs for this effort would be cut much shorter... (?)
Mark