[postgis-users] Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] FYI: Google to pay student open source developers (Summer of Code)

Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com
Wed Jun 1 08:49:21 PDT 2005

I'm cross posting this because it is an excellent opportunity for students.
I was a paid intern (studying pterodactyls), and my company employs paid
interns to perform well bounded summer projects.  The intern gains
invaluable industry experience and a semester's worth of tuition (or beer).
One more reason Google rocks:  Applying a proven industry technique in a
new and benevolent way for OSS.

Rick

             Mike Juvrud
             <mjuvrud at AKEVA.CO
             Sent by: UMN              MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
             MapServer Users                                            cc
             List
             <MAPSERVER-USERS@                                     Subject
             LISTS.UMN.EDU>            [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] FYI: Google
                                       to pay student open source
                                       developers (Summer of Code)
             06/01/2005 09:32
             AM

             Please respond to
                Mike Juvrud
             <mjuvrud at AKEVA.CO

Google has announced (May 31) that it will provide a $4500 stipend to
student developers (& $500 to the mentoring organization) that complete
work on open source projects over the summer. Perhaps MapServer would want
to be a “mentoring organization”?

“Summer of Code” Program details:
http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html

“Mentoring Organization” FAQ:
http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html

-------------------
Mike Juvrud
GIS Programmer, Mud Labs
Glenwood, MN USA
320.634.4410
www.mudlabs.com
mike at mudlabs.com
01001101 01110101 01100100 01001100 01100001 01100010 01110011
Mike's Personal Blog: www.MikeJuvrud.blogspot.com
Computing Newsletter: www.mudlabs.com/tips
Free Software Guide: www.mudlabs.com/software_guide