[postgis-users] Error compiling PostGIS + GEOS

Chip Masters chip_masters at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 10:51:46 PDT 2005

PostGIS users,

I recently tried compiling the PostGIS 1.0.1 package
together with the GEOS 2.1.1 package, following the
instructions for doing so found in the README.postgis
document included in the PostGIS distribution. I am
using the following versions of gmake and gcc:

GNU Make version 3.79.1
gcc (GCC) 3.4.2

I am trying to install on RedHat 7.3, w/ the
2.4.20-18.7bigmem kernel. I get the following error:

> ../index/quadtree/QuadTreeNodeBase.cpp:149:
`sprintf' > undeclared (first use this function)
> ../index/quadtree/QuadTreeNodeBase.cpp:149: (Each
> undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
> function it appears in.)
> make[2]: *** [QuadTreeNodeBase.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/cyc110/scratch/geos-2.1.1/source/geom'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/cyc110/scratch/geos-2.1.1/source'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1