[postgis-users] Problem file.map to Postgis

Levert Donovan dono78fr at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 14 11:59:58 PDT 2005

Hello,
I am newbie with Postgis, I use the tutorial example
Gmap-demo  from FGS(Maptools) and I would like to link
a .map file with the Postgis database, but I have many
problems.
This is a part of file gmap75.map to a Postgis
connection :

LAYER
  NAME popplace
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION"   "Cities"
    "RESULT_FIELDS" "NAME"
  END
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS ON
  DATA "the_geom FROM popplace"
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "user=x password=x dbname=mapcanada
host=192.168.20.200 port=5432"

  LabelItem "Name"
  CLASSITEM "Capital"
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "1"
    TEMPLATE "ttt_query.html"
    SYMBOL 2
    SIZE 8 .....

The connection to database doesn't works, I activated
verbose logs, and I see a bad format for the text,
this is the error log :

DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand
LOG:  statement: DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR
SELECT
Capital::text,Name::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(ä¶J@ä¶J@)),'NDR'),OID::text
from ì¶J@ì¶J@ WHERE ä¶J@ä¶J@ &&
setSRID('BOX3D(-2598687.33333333
-712631,3471487.33333333 3840000)'::BOX3D,
find_srid('','ì¶J@ì¶J@','ä¶J@ä¶J@') )
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "@" at character 139

Do you know

Best Regards,