[postgis-users] (Frenchusers only)-Why ?

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 23 08:06:55 PDT 2005

Jaime Carrera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I completely agree with Ezequias. If they want to
> share their own thoughts between them, I think this is
> not the place to do so.
>
> Jaime
>

>  --- EZEQUIAS RODRIGUES DA ROCHA
> <ezequias at recife.pe.gov.br> escribió:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I am here to ask why there have been sent messages
>>with  the title: "Frenchusers only".
>>
>>I am encouraged to make the same as a brasilian
>>writting messages like: Brasilianusers only.
>>
>>Is it permitted by the moderator ?
>>
>>I believe that all messages should be placed to
>>allusers only.
>>
>>What is the oppinion of the list ?
>>
>>Best regards
>>Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha

English language to allow to mostly everyone to use information from
this mailing list.

There are also generally internationalization lists that are language
specific. I'm not sure that postGIS has the volume to support this kind
of list but it might be a good idea.

Jean David do a lot a work on the french documentation of postgis.
Naturally, he would like to have feedback about his work and I think
that we can not be against that.

So this is my question, should we take the hard line and discourage very
strongly messages in other language than English AND create specific
list for every language for which there is an interest or allow
occasionnally some message in other language and remind at a determined
frequence that English must be the first language and that discussion on
other language should be use only for specific issue ?

Best Regards,

Jean-Denis

--
Jean-Denis Giguère