[postgis-users] Help needed installing Postgis 1.0 RC3

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Mar 1 23:14:55 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:57:03PM -0800, Brent Wood wrote:

> --- strk at refractions.net wrote:
>
> > Brent, should be fixed in CVS.
> > Problems is that postgresql source is defining YACC to the empty
> > string.
> > (Did you configure youre postgresql source tree ?)
> > --strk;
>
> As far as I know, right now 0.9 seems to be fine, so I'll test the system with
> that.... I see Mandrake have announced the club beta for 10.2 A64 so I may be
> rebuilding my Ubuntu system soon anyway...

0.9 didn't use flex/yacc (thus had a far slower WKT parser).
I suggest you just move FLEX and YACC settings *after* inclusion
of Makefile.global in Makefile.config substituting the ?= with
a simple =. That should work. 1.0 as a lot of new features, if you
need it for testing I suggest you use that...

--strk;