[postgis-users] Ready for 1.0.0 ?

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 03:03:45 PST 2005

Hi strk,

I think we're definitely getting close for a 1.0.0 release. My only comment
would be that it's only been just over a week since RC3 has been released
and I imagine that other busy people, myself included, haven't had a chance
to download and test the new release yet. I am in the process of creating a
RC3 Win32 installer but it's taking longer than normal as I am trying to
change the build process to include extra goodies such as documentation and
the jdbc2 driver.

My vote would be to pick a date around the third week of March (say
something like 18th) for a 1.0.0 release, branching CVS a couple of days
before that so that people can build (S)RPMs and installers for the new
release. This is based upon looking at the time between the previous release
candidates, and I think will allow for more people to update and find any
other RC3 bugs before hitting the final release.

BTW I can also test RC3 on AMD64/gcc if required.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre