[postgis-users] Ready for 1.0.0 ?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Mar 3 03:13:42 PST 2005

Hi, Mark,

Mark Cave-Ayland schrieb:

> I think we're definitely getting close for a 1.0.0 release. My only comment
> would be that it's only been just over a week since RC3 has been released
> and I imagine that other busy people, myself included, haven't had a chance
> to download and test the new release yet.

Do you think an RC4 would be the correct solution to make the people
test the latest fixes? Strk could then release 1.0.0 unchanged if RC4 is
fine.

> I am in the process of creating a
> RC3 Win32 installer but it's taking longer than normal as I am trying to
> change the build process to include extra goodies such as documentation and
> the jdbc2 driver.

Fine. What is your experience building the jdbc2 stuff on windows? I'm
pretty shure some additional weird problems might pop up there. You
should check out the latest CVS, as there are some Makefile changes
compared to RC3 that may ease building in your environment.

> BTW I can also test RC3 on AMD64/gcc if required.

I think we should make as much testing as possible.

Markus
--
Markus Schaber | Dipl. Informatiker | Software Development GIS

Fight against software patents in EU! http://ffii.org/
                                      http://nosoftwarepatents.org/