[postgis-users] MRDB with postgis (setting up)

Hampe, Mark Mark.Hampe at ikg.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 3 08:43:42 PST 2005

hi bart,

as you described, we used generalisation methods to construct generalised representations of the source data (cadastral building data). with the help of these java-classes (building simplification, aggregation, typification, displacement) we acieved the new representation and the links between them and stored both in the postgis/postgresql. other methods used matching algorithms to link existing representations. both functionalities were not intergrated in the PostGIS(yet).
we store the resulting representations as seperate tables and the links as attributes to the objects.
the research work related to MRDB is still active. actually we are testing alternative possibilities for storing the links between corresponding objects. we are working on mrdb-metainformation and access methods for mrdb. furthermore functions for updating the mrdb should be integrated in the postgis.

i can give you more details if you are interest in. furthermore we would be interested in your work on mrdb.

regards,
mark