[postgis-users] compatibilité JDBC Postgis PostgreSQL

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Mar 4 01:16:37 PST 2005

Hi, @all,

Markus Schaber schrieb:

> Strk, what do you think about extracting the following lines from
> lwgeom/Makefile into a toplevel Version.in that can be included from
> jdbc as well:
>
> I think it does make sense to have separate JDBC_*_VERSION variables,
> but having them all in a common place will ease the release process and
> avoids getting "out of sync" by forgetting one place. I'll prepare a
> patch and post it here, so we can discuss it further.

The following patch changes the following things:

- Separates the version config variables into the toplevel Version.in

- Adds new version config variables for jdbc

- jdbc "make jar" additionally creates files named like
  postgis_1_0_0RC4.jar using the info from Version.in

- org/postgis/Version.java now uses a Makefile generated ressource to
  initialize its values, so it is always "in sync" with Version.in

What do all you think about it? Can we include this in RC4, or is this
1.1 Material?

Markus
--
Markus Schaber | Dipl. Informatiker | Software Development GIS

Fight against software patents in EU! http://ffii.org/
                                      http://nosoftwarepatents.org/