[postgis-users] compatibilité JDBC Postgis PostgreSQL

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Mar 3 23:35:31 PST 2005

James Marca schrieb:
> Could a note to that effect be added to the README, something like
> "Dont use ant, it is out of date"?  Sure the README *says* 'make jar',
> but sometimes the documentation slips versus the implementation.  My
> first try at 'make jar' failed (I forgot a subdir in my CLASSPATH), so
> I tried ant, and then wasted some time trying to figure out what I had
> done wrong using the ant approach.

I just dropped the ant file from CVS, that should fix the ambiguity. :-)

> One other note, could the version of postgis be added to the resulting
> jar files?  That would save me (and perhaps others) from adding some
> arbitrary string such as '1.0.0-rc3' to the name of the jar files.

It currently is in machine readable form (org/postgis/Version.java), and
 "make versions" spits out this information, too. But I admit that
including this information in humal readalbe version would be of some help.

Strk, what do you think about extracting the following lines from
lwgeom/Makefile into a toplevel Version.in that can be included from
jdbc as well:

SO_MAJOR_VERSION=1
SO_MINOR_VERSION=0
SO_MICRO_VERSION=0RC3
SCRIPTS_VERSION=0.2.0

I think it does make sense to have separate JDBC_*_VERSION variables,
but having them all in a common place will ease the release process and
avoids getting "out of sync" by forgetting one place. I'll prepare a
patch and post it here, so we can discuss it further.

Markus
--
Markus Schaber | Dipl. Informatiker | Software Development GIS

Fight against software patents in EU! http://ffii.org/
                                      http://nosoftwarepatents.org/