[postgis-users] =?unknown-8bit?Q?compa?= =?unknown-8bit?Q?tibilit=E9?= JDBC Postgis PostgreSQL

James Marca jmarca at translab.its.uci.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:40:18 PST 2005

At approximately Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:53:43PM +0100, Markus Schaber wrote:
> > The Makefile currently is the recommended way of building PostGIS jdbc2.
> > I'll see whether I can easily fix the ANT file, if not, I'll remove it.

Could a note to that effect be added to the README, something like
"Dont use ant, it is out of date"?  Sure the README *says* 'make jar',
but sometimes the documentation slips versus the implementation.  My
first try at 'make jar' failed (I forgot a subdir in my CLASSPATH), so
I tried ant, and then wasted some time trying to figure out what I had
done wrong using the ant approach.

One other note, could the version of postgis be added to the resulting
jar files?  That would save me (and perhaps others) from adding some
arbitrary string such as '1.0.0-rc3' to the name of the jar files.

Thanks,
James