[postgis-users] Ready for 1.0.0 ?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Mar 4 03:00:07 PST 2005

Hi, Mark,

Mark Cave-Ayland schrieb:

>>BTW, I successfully compiled postgis using JAVAC="jikes-sun
>>-target 1.1"  for java 1.1 compatibility. :-)
>
> Yes, the PostGIS JDBC driver compiles fine for me with -target 1.1 under the
> Sun JDK. I think we should make this the default :)

I think this is a good idea.

However, I'm afraid not all of the java compilers around do support
-target, so I'm hesitating to put it in the makefile as default, as this
could annoy Alex Bodnaru :-)

>>You can use "make alltests" to run them, they test both
>>client and some server functionality, but you will have to
>>set up the database connection info via environment or
>>makefile. I think this will be the first Windows tests for
>>postgis jdbc :-)
> The tests appear to run successfully here for me. I just wanted to check
> with you as there seem to be multiple entries along the lines of "Finished,
> 0 tests failed" as opposed to a single grand total at the end. I'll email
> the JDBC results to you separately as they are quite long, but it's looking
> promising :)

Yes. The reason for this is that two of the test applications are only
slightly adopted versions of Pauls original tests, while the others were
derived from our in-house work. Another problem was that, originally,
some of the test cases were "allowed" to fail against older PostGIS
versions, needing manual re-checking of the output. It was not until
recently that I added a check for the postgis version so the test
programs know which tests to run, and which are allowed to fail.

On my todo list for those tests is to have them output only a small
summary, and write everything else into a test log file. Another idea
may be using junit or another test framework, but I don't like the idea
of adding another dependency.

Markus
--
Markus Schaber | Dipl. Informatiker | Software Development GIS

Fight against software patents in EU! http://ffii.org/
                                      http://nosoftwarepatents.org/