[postgis-users] CLUSTER PostGIS table

Bernhard Reimar Hoefle Bernhard.Hoefle at uibk.ac.at
Wed Mar 9 07:23:28 PST 2005

Hi!
I tried to CLUSTER a table (which holds also NULL values) with PostGIS geometry
on the gist index.
I get the following message:

ERROR:  cannot cluster when index access method does not handle null values
HINT:  You may be able to work around this by marking column "geom_point" NOT
NULL.

Does it make sense to CLUSTER the table on the geometry index (gist)?
Is there a different way to reorganise a huge table with geometry columns to get
better performance for spatial queries? p.s. I have 1 3D POINT geometry per
row.

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard