[postgis-users] Intersection bug

Sean M. Montague smontague at ATSDenver.com
Thu Mar 24 13:57:14 PST 2005

Has anyone had a problem with intersecting a poly and getting a result
one time and nothing another?  In my SVG, I have set up zoom levels,
when the map reaches a certain level, I intersect the data in PostGIS
with the user defined zoom box, and recreate the map, allowing me to add
detail without increasing map size.  But there seems to be a bug in the
intersection query.  It seems that if my zoom box happens to intersect a
poly a certain way, the whole query gets aborted and nothing is
returned.  I've potentially already detected what is happening, but I'm
not sure how to simplify my example.  I've done so already, but I only
know how to use php with PostGIS, so any example I forward will be in
php.  I use SVG to display the results.  Only way I know how to.