[postgis-users] Fw: postgresqldriver

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Mon Mar 28 14:53:53 PST 2005

Hi, Biju,

Biju schrieb:

>>postgresql driver not loading...
>>hi all
>>plz anybody give me some solution...
>> I m using postgresql as my db. I wanted to connect it thru my servlet
>> called user. Here I m verifying the uid n pwd from
>>another html.
>> I m using jboss application server. and db version is 7:2:2
>> The problem is with the driver class. I have downloaded a driver named
>> pg73jdbc3.jar from the posstgresql.org
>> site. i put the path of this jar into my classpath . While running it
>> does not find the driver class  throwing err: classNotFound:
>> org.postgresql.Driver.

This error message states that your java application cannot find the
postgresql driver in its classpath. Are you shure that the pg73jdbc3.jar
is in your jboss classpath?

BTW, this problem seems not related to PostGIS, so you may get better
help on the pgsql-jdbc at postgresql.org list, or on a jboss list.

Markus