[postgis-users] Compile CVS in MinGW

El Nico nicky666 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:15:46 PDT 2005

Bonjour Jean-David, hi all,

Just to say that I followed your instructions to compile and install
postgresql and postgis 1.0.0 and it worked perfectly !!

I decided to compile/use postgresql 8.0.2 instead of 8.0.0 but had no
problems (following your instruction to add the path to postgresql
folder in the PATH env. variable).

Some remarks:

1°) The " ftp://ftp2.fr.postgresql.org/pub/unix/postgresql/source/v8.0.0/"
folder does not exist anymore on the FTP site. Instead, it is replaced
by the:
" ftp://ftp2.fr.postgresql.org/pub/unix/postgresql/source/v8.0" folder
for the 8.0.0 version and by the:
 ftp://ftp2.fr.postgresql.org/pub/unix/postgresql/source/v8.0.2"
folder for the 8.0.2 version

2°) I had a problem with the Windows service:
I correctly installed the service as an administrator, as stated in
your documentation, but when I try to start the service, I get the
following error:
"The service did not start due to a logon failure."
 though I carefully checked the provided password when I registered the service.
The "postgres" user exists and I'm able to start postgresql under this account.

Anyway, congratulations for your work. Your guide is really clear and
well done !

Nicolas.
(by the way, If you want some help for the english translation, let me know.)