[postgis-users] Re: Buggy transform() function in 1.0RC1 ?

El Nico nicky666 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:05:52 PDT 2005

> Nicolas, I'm trying to figure out what to do with these *bogus* entries
> in spatial_ref_sys.
> The problem is that there are more then a single entries for Paris,
> so I think all of them are bogus.
> Another problem is: "would a newer PROJ4 version correclty interpret the
> new paramaters?".
> What PROJ4 version are you using ? Could you check if newer PROJ4 give
> a different result ?
> --strk;

Hi Strk,

I'm sorry to answer to your email so lately, but I was unable to
install the latest postgis version before now.

So I compiled postgresql 8.0.2 and postgis 1.0.0 on Windows XP:

PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC)
3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1).
 POSTGIS="1.0.0" GEOS="2.1.1" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" USE_STATS
DBPROC="0.3.0" RELPROC="0.3.0"

When checking SRS definitions for french projections (SRID from 27500
to 27594) I notice the error mentionned in the previous messages of
this thread is still here:
The "+long_0" EPSG parameter indicates a non-zero value (2.33722917)
though the prime meridian is Paris (+pm=paris).

I think the right +long_0 value should be 0 if prime meridian is Paris.

After correcting the values and testing a reprojection, result seems
to be correct.

Nicolas