[postgis-users] Bugus SRS

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu May 5 08:24:01 PDT 2005

Nicolas, we just changed the entry you pointed our attention on:
SRID=27582

You reported it worked for you with entries shipped with postgis
pre 1.0.0:

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 06:50:46PM +0100, RIBOT, Nicolas wrote:
> Transform() is not buggy.
>
> To follow my previous post, and thanks to Michael Michaud that noticed the
> differences, the spatial_ref_sys.sql provided with postgis 1.0 RC is not the
> same as the one provided with the previous Postgis versions, at least for
> french projections.
> Namely, for SRID=27582, the proj4 parameters in postgis 0.8:
>
> +proj=lcc
> +lat_1=46.8
> +lat_0=46.8
> +lon_0=2.337229166666667
> +k_0=0.99987742
> +x_0=600000
> +y_0=2200000
> +a=6378249.2
> +b=6356514.999904194
> +pm=2.337229166666667
> +units=m

That entry already had a lon_0 != 0.

Since these entries are extracted by a script in gdal/ogr
I think it's worth fixing them in the source data repository
first.

Frank, did you check this out lately ?

--strk;